Posted 4 years ago
We are currently seeking talented candidates to fill the position of Audit Supervisor.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Experience managing 1 or more engagements and multiple staff members concurrently
- Exposure to Business Development opportunities
- Mentoring staff members in their development
- Enhances auditing staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
- Complies with federal, state, and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Audit, Legal Compliance, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Thoroughness, Presentation Skills, Financial Software, Corporate Finance, SFAS Rules, Objectivity
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will be 4 to 8 years’ of hands on experience in a small to mid-size, regional Public Accounting Firm.
- CPA degree or a candidate for a CPA is required.
- Base compensation and the potential for profit sharing
- Health care, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Generous PTO allowance
- Casual and friendly work environment