We are currently seeking talented candidates to fill the position of Staff Accountant – Auditor.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings internally by preparing draft report for internal review.
- Complies with federal, state, and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Audit, Legal Compliance, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Thoroughness, Presentation Skills, Financial Software, Corporate Finance, SFAS Rules, Objectivity
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with a B.S. in Accounting.
- CPA degree or a candidate for a CPA is required.
- Base compensation and the potential for profit sharing
- Health care, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Generous PTO allowance
- Casual and friendly work environment