Owings Mills, MD – January 28, 2020
Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A. (GSG), a full-service certified public accounting firm, announced the promotion of five new Directors. In addition, Aaron Bloom joins the firm as a Director in the Tax Services practice.
Bloom specializes in tax services, including, but not limited to, the areas of real estate, law, healthcare and technology. He has been actively involved in the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), having served and chaired its Ethics and Federal Tax Committees. Bloom is currently an appointed member of the AICPA Joint Trial Board.
GSG has also promoted the following executives:
- Matthew Keefer, Director, Tax Services: Keefer specializes in tax planning for high net worth individuals, corporations, partnerships and not-for-profit organizations. He will be a key leader in expanding growth in the real estate industry for the firm.
- Rose Lambert, Director, Audit and Accounting Services: Lambert specializes in the auto dealership and real estate industries and is a frequent speaker at women’s business seminars. She is also currently the Finance Chairwoman and Board Treasurer of Carroll County Youth Service Bureau.
- John Mahaffey, Director, Audit and Accounting Services: Mahaffey specializes in audits of indirect cost rates for state highway contractors. He also has extensive experience in the manufacturing and construction industries.
- Michael Schuck, Director, Audit and Accounting Services: Schuck will be a leader for the firm’s accounting and auditing department – focusing on not-for-profit organizations, with expertise in single audits (Uniform Guidance) and healthcare industries.
- Alan Stein, Director, Audit and Accounting Services: Stein oversees the firm’s system of quality control for attest engagements, and provides training to clients and staff for the implementation of Accounting Standards Updates. He has extensive experience in the real estate, healthcare and not-for-profit industries.
“With a legacy of providing more than 80 years of accounting services to the Baltimore region, we look forward to the new Directors propelling GSG into the next 80 years of business,” said Simpson Gardyn, Managing Officer of GSG. “We are excited to be entering into the next phase of our evolution as a leading provider of innovative expertise in complex financial solutions, and we will continue providing exceptional services to our expanding client base.”
About Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A.
Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A. (GSG) is a Maryland-based full-service certified public accounting firm offering a wide range of accounting and consulting services to clients of all sizes. GSG employs the traditional business practices of a small company, delivering solid advice and solutions, and providing unparalleled client service. One of the greatest assets GSG brings to its clients is a team of experts trained to the highest industry standards. As problem solvers with an entrepreneurial drive, GSG associates are committed to the success of their clients’ businesses. For more information, click here.