Vera Adams, an Audit Supervisor at Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, discusses what it’s like to be a young professional in accounting, and shares her experiences working at GSG.
Although there is a shortage of young professionals entering the accounting arena, the reality is that demand for CPAs is increasing.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow by 96,000 jobs from 2020 to 2030. In addition, there will be on average 135,000 openings for accountants and auditors each year over the next 10 years.
Now more than ever, the accounting profession offers great potential for professional development and financial security for young people. GSG offers tremendous job growth opportunities for young professionals.
Here are key highlights from this interview:
- How Vera got into the accounting profession. (:25)
- Vera’s initial expectations when she started her accounting career. (1:18)
- Vera’s perspective on how accounting is not all about “just doing taxes,” and how GSG offers an ideal work-life balance. (2:48)
- Tips for young people looking to work for an accounting firm. (4:13)
- What it’s like for young people working at GSG. (6:49)
If you are looking for a fulfilling career in accounting, please check out our latest job opportunities here.Categories: Podcast, Audit & Accounting