In our ongoing podcast series with professionals at Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, Kelly Wolverton, a Supervisor at GSG, discusses his unique path to a fulfilling career change in accounting.
Choosing unconventional paths can lead to the most interesting career trajectories, as exemplified by Kelly Wolverton. Despite spending the first ten years of his professional life as a soccer coach, including a stint at the University of the South, Kelly’s interest in accounting, fueled by his father’s work in forensic accounting with the FBI, prompted him to make a career pivot. In 2017, he joined GSG as an intern and quickly progressed to the role of Supervisor.
Reflecting on his initial expectations when embarking on his accounting career, Kelly emphasizes the fulfillment he finds in tackling complex challenges and witnessing the direct impact his work has on clients’ businesses.
Here are key highlights from this interview:
- How Kelly transitioned into accounting. (:23)
- How his skills from being a soccer coach translate into accounting. (2:25)
- Kelly’s initial expectations when he started his accounting career. (4:20)
- What Kelly enjoys the most about working at GSG. (5:52)
- Advice for anyone considering making a career change into accounting. (7:50)
If you’re looking for a fulfilling career in accounting, please check out our latest job opportunities here.Categories: Podcast